Orca Creative - Minecraft Server

IP: OrcaCreative.tk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
et61666

PostSubject: Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Username - gusearth1

When did he get banned? (Date and/or time if you know) - Sometime Tonight, 7/8, around 11:00PM EDT

Did he share an account with anyone? - his younger brother, who I'm not sure if he was on at the time or not.

Who was the staff member that banned him (if you know or remember)? - Dakky

Do you know why he was banned? - The reason said "Causing trouble and ignoring staff"

If you know the reason for the ban, do you think that the ban was fair? - I wasn't online at the time, but knowing him he wouldn't blow this out of proportion, and I'm sure chat logs can verify as well. The server has a formal warning system, I think I'm correct on that. When he was banned, the last thing he had said was a question to Dakky asking if writing a message that said "Nickelodeon Sucks" in the ground would result in it being removed. After that he was banned, and the reasons don't make sense at all. Asking a question doesn't sound disrespectful and wouldn't cause a lot of trouble either. He said he did it in a respectful manner, didn't use vulgar language, and there were no formal warnings given to him that he could ignore. Dakky had said not to talk about an earlier ban on 8darksouls, and gusearth1 said he didn't. So how come the question he asked resulted in a ban, more specifically, what do those reasons have to do with it?

Some backstory: earlier, he made a message in the ground that said "Disney Channel Sucks". Dakky jumped to the conclusion that this was meant to offend Disney, even though gusearth1 said it was just an expression of his own opinion. Dakky removed the build, leading to gusearth1 being irritated (naturally). gusearth1 saw it as favoring the ranked user, Disney, over a guest, because Disney was allowed to be rude to gusearth1, and even removed him from her town while his builds were still inside it. None of that was labeled as "being offensive towards gusearth1". Other people on the server were rude as well, telling all of us to "shut up", and on a server that strives to be family-friendly I'd think that's a little rude, but those messages went off without consequence. That's basically all he told me about what happened.

To add a personal note, if dakky wanted to keep a peaceful environment so badly, then favoring ranked members over guests is not a good way to go about it, and earlier during the 8darksouls ban, since gusearth1 was friends with him, he obviously wanted to defend him, but his actions were seen as "troublesome"? and he was muted for 10 minutes. No vulgarity, no spamming, no advertising, not even being rude to the mod who banned 8darksouls. I was confused as well as to why he was banned.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakky

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1   Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 am

et61666, on the behalf of gusearth1,

I would like to remind you that gusearth1 was not banned for the question he asked but instead, for creating something clearly meant to offend another player and ignoring staff when said not to mention it again, being forewarned of a week's ban if it were to continue. Along with that, gusearth1 started building a wall around Disney's city after both she and myself told him to stop, hence his removal from Disney's City's protection. However; due to the formality of this appeal, the ban has been shortened from 1 week to 3 days as of July 8, 2017 4:30 AM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
et61666

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1   Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:28 am

Thank you for the shortened ban! I'm glad I was able to help him, and the reasons for his ban make more sense now. There's only one thing that he wants to clarify, which is the removal from Disney's City. He says he was already removed from the city when he started building the wall, which he did so because of his removal. Assuming that was the case, he just wants to know the real reason why he was removed. (This point isn't about appealing the ban further, just for clarification)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakky

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1   Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:16 am

After some thought, I believe that Disney removed him from her region because of the people he was bringing into it. He brought in a one person who was vulgar and one person who was just building dirt houses and I think it made her uneasy, but it has been resolved now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1   

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal for my friend, gusearth1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1